Friday, August 12, 2011

Favorite Time of Day

   








The fishing on the Allegheny has been slow with the water being so warm.  I accidentally fell out of the driftboat today when trying to jump out in fast water to slow down and it was like falling into a bath tub.  I wanted to stop the boat quickly and this was my only option.  In a hasty rush, I slid the oars into the boat and proceeded to jump out into the water only for my right foot to catch the side of the boat and send me face first into the river.  I popped up, gabbed the boat, and as if nothing had happened I proceeded to tell my clients where to cast.  The look on their faces was priceless.  We hooked a few small fish today but could not manage to get any to the net.  Even though the fishing was slow, it was a beautiful morning and an entertaining day...for the clients that is...It's not every day that you get to see the guide go swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment